- About RHDS
- Student Council
- Document Depot
River Hebert District School
2843 Barronsfield Road,
River Hebert Nova Scotia
Phone (902) 251-3200 ext. 0
Fax (902) 251-3210
Principal : Vernon Taylor II
Vice-Principal: Andrew Doucette
Calendar of Events
- November 1: Halifax International Airport (Gr. 10 O2)
- November 1: Take our Kids to Work Day (Gr. 9)
- November 4: No Time for That Presentation
- November 6: Daylight Savings Time Ends
- November 9: Saint Mary's University Tour (Gr. 10-12)
- November 10: Post-Secondary Fair (Gr. 10-12)
- November 10: Remembrance Service (P.M.)
- November 11: Remembrance Day (No School)
- November 14: Professional Development (No School)
- November 16: Eddie and The Air Out There (Gr. P-3)
- November 16: Dalhousie Kinesiology Tour (Gr. 10-12)
- November 17: Grade 7-12 Report Cards
- November 20: RHDS Open House and Fundraiser
- November 22: Pridham's Grad Photos (Gr. 12)
- November 23: Grade P-6 Report Cards
- November 24: Parent-Teacher - Evening Session - 4:30-6:30 pm
- November 25: Parent-Teacher - Morning Session - 9:00-11:00 am
- November 25: Professional Development (No School)
- November 30: WE Day @ Scotiabank Place
- December 2: First Aid and CPR (Gr. 10 O2)
NSTU Labour Action – Information for Parents & Guardians
NSTU beginning strike activity on December 5th
The Nova Scotia Teachers Union has announced that it intends to begin a strike action on Monday, December 5th at all schools in Nova Scotia.
The NSTU has described the strike activity as a work-to-rule: Teachers will continue to teach in classrooms. Teachers have been directed by the NSTU to stop any extracurricular activities like concerts, coaching teams or supervising clubs; field trips will not go ahead. To be clear, this means that all holiday concerts, field trips and extra-curricular activities (whether planned for the afternoon, evening or during the school day) are cancelled as of December 5th and during the period of strike activity.
SchoolsPlus programming will continue during the planned strike action by the NSTU. Community use of schools will also continue, as we are able, for those organizations with signed facility use permits.
Changes to Morning Arrival / Afternoon Departure
The NSTU has also stated that teachers will arrive 20 minutes before school and leave 20 minutes after.
Morning arrival time at every school is 20 minutes before the first bell. Students who walk to school or are dropped off by a parent or guardian cannot arrive before this time. At the end of the school day, students who walk or are picked up by a parent or guardian cannot remain longer than 20 minutes after the final bell. Supervision will not be provided to students who walk or are dropped-off outside of these times.
More details about the impact of the NSTU’s strike activity will be available in the coming days.
Messages to parents and guardians may also be issued via text and email through the Alert system. If you are not yet signed up for Alert through your child’s school now would be a good time to do so. Contact your school office to begin this process.
Playground and school supervision is not available until the monitors are onsite at 8:30 am. As a result, RHDS students are permitted to be on school grounds until 8:30 am.
To ensure all students remain safe and secure at RHDS we require all Visitors – Parents, Guardians, and Guests - to report to the Main Office. Upon your arrival to the Main Office your student will be called to the office or a GUEST ID will be given to you so that you can move throughout the school. Failure to report to the Main Office cannot be tolerated by school personnel.
With the start of the 2016-2017 school year RHDS would like to welcome the following educators to our learning environment:
Thomas Skabar, Jacob Mattinson, Heather Creamer, Daisy Beck, and Andrea Cormier.